So, today is picture day and I'm sure my kids wonder if I love them!!! It started out good, I put Jaelyn's 50 pounds of hair in hot rollers so she could have "High School Musical hair" sent her downstairs to eat breakfast. Then came PMS child I mean Grace (how silly of me to get her name wrong) she was asking me where a certain shirt was, in the dirty clothes I said, I WANTED TO WEAR THAT FOR PICTURE DAY she yelled as she blew a gasket. Now, if I would have known that she wanted that shirt I would have washed it yesterday, but up until last night she had a whole other outfit picked out. How stupid of me to not read her mind. I know she's exercising her right to change her mind, she is after all a women but come on!!! So we found something that would work for her highness, I mean for her. So I started curling her hair so that she could also have HSM hair. She doesn't get curlers, for three reasons...1. they were in Jaelyn's hair (ha ha), 2. her hair isn't long enough, 3. she has 40 pounds of hair less than Jaelyn and it can be curled with the curling iron. She pitched a fit about everything imaginable, I'm sure we even argued about what to do on her wedding day. Amid the yelling and chaos I made her hair look cute. Although I'm sure she'll become an Emo when she gets older cause of the damage I caused her today, oh wait, she won't do that Emo's don't wear bright colors. so, looking back I guess Jacob and Jaelyn know I love them, it's just Grace that will wonder. So, as they got out of the car I yelled "Smile cute!" Why do I need to make all this fuss when 1. I buy the cheapest package possible and 2. My friend Kiersten took AWESOME individual pictures of the kids when we had family pictures done a few weeks ago??? Times like this when I screw up my kids I just remember that Steve and I don't have a college fund set up for the kids, we have a psychiatry fund so when they are older, and out of the house they can pay for someone to fix their life for them they we took all the years to mess up!!!
7 comments:
My kids finally wised up tothe fact that I was not going to get pulled into the school picture program scam and quit bugging me about their looks.....by high school anyway.
Thanks for making me laugh...hilarious post!
We are all about HSM hair here too..especially Gabriella.
At least you didn't send your children to school in hoodies for class picture day...only the "bad moms" do that :)
Tiffany, you are so funny. Thanks for making me laugh :)
This post cracked me up. I want to see the pictures when they come back! I bet they come out really cute!
Tiffer,
The psych fund is an excellent idea. Your mom and I also established a psych fund. The only difference is that we used it for ourselves to get through raising our two #*&@#% (dear, wonderful) kids!
Dad
that is so hilarious! It makes me miss you! You totally need to write a book someday! :)
My kids always seem to sense when family pictures are coming up and manage to (1) scrape up an entire side of their face or (2) find scissors and cut their own hair. It's a gift.
Post a Comment