Friday, August 1, 2008

I know what it feels like to be a crack addict

Whoa whoa whoa don't let the title scare you away!!!! I'll explain. No, I have NEVER done drugs in my life, but I did start the cabbage soup diet yesterday! I'm to lazy to write out everything about the diet and to stupid to know how to enter a little link thing into my blog so you're going to have to Google it. You make this soup and eat it as much as you want everyday for 7 days and you also have other things to eat everyday. Yesterday was fruit, I could eat as much fruit as I wanted but nothing else except for the soup. I love fruit!!!! I thought this day would be a breeze. I had a yummy fruit breakfast, went to the gym and worked out, then went to eat lunch with Steve for his bosses going away luncheon. I took along my fruit with me and ate that. "Holy cow" you must be saying "Tiffany you have amazing will power!" So not true, it's just that it was at an Italian restaurant and I don't really care for it. And then came the crack addict comparison...I went to the commissary (miltiary grocery store). Oh all the yummy possibilities! At one point I was jonesing for a Twix and would have snatched it from a starving baby, but I overcame!!! I swear the food started talking to me from the shelves.
I started this diet for two reasons 1. My goal weight for going to Utah is 140...As of yesterday morning I was 147.6 and 2. It is a good cleansing diet, and who doesn't need that! Speaking of cleansing...(READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT THINK GAS HUMOUR IS FUNNY) this soup coupled along with fresh fruit and veggies sure does produce some ripe gas. I am normally not a stinky tooter but boy howdy did I clean out the room last night when we were playing family UNO.
Ok so I know some of you are either totally laughing at the last paragraph or shaking your head and saying "I can't believe she just said that on her blog" Well it makes me want to break out in song "Take me as I am" song sung by Chicago.
Anyway...wish me luck on this diet since I seriously have zero will power. The whole angel on one shoulder and devil on the other is soooooo true! Dang I look cute as a little angel!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Girl! Let me know if this diet works...I think I have less will power than anyone I know though...so it probably wouldn't do me any good anyway ;)

Dough said...

You are my daughter and you know I love you very much. You lived under this roof for nigh upon 21 years, but when you say, "I am normally not a stinky tooter," well, ahem, let me put it this way, things really must have changed in the last 12 years!

Dad

Tina said...

Don't you just love dads!!! ROFL (rolling on floor laughing)

Sarah said...

Hey girl! I just popped over to your blog from the Tintles and you totally crack me up. I'm glad I associated with such funny people, because if I'm ever bored, I can sure read about your and Annee's life and all is well again! That's supposed to mean I think you guys are creative writers, not some crack about your lives! Anyway, hopefully you remember me, but if not, just count me as a crazy blog stalker! Your family is adorable!
-Sarah Knight

Sarah said...

Ummmm - not to break it to you, but you had smelly gas to start with sister. sorry.

p.s. this vanila coke and twix are YUMM-MMEE!!

The Hardy Family said...

Hey! Where are you going to stay when you are in Utah? When are we going to hang out? I had better be a top priority! Can't wait to see you guys!

annie valentine said...

I can't believe I'm going to miss you and your gas I MEAN family when you're in Utah. So sad...

Oh yeah, I live on cabbage soup and salami. Get my drift?

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

You are so hilarious! Check out Colten's experience at scout camp on my blog. SERIOUSLY SCARY! :)

The Gerlings said...

Hey! y'all are alive and looking well. :o)

I'm on the "eat everything I want and do yoga" diet. It works for me.

Leiah and James

Ciao! The Poppe's said...

oh, don't you know i LOVE the gas stories... just wait 'til I blog about the hole in the ground (aka toilet).