Monday, February 2, 2009

QVC here I come!!

So, I recently started sewing again. Steve bought me a sewing machine 7 years ago and that first year I made several things. For Halloween 2002 the kids were Peter Pan, Wendy, and TinkerBell they were REALLY cute. Then I thought "Hey! My parents and brother are coming for Christmas...I should make all of us jammies!" Wow, what a mistake! I waited til the last minute to start them, and ended up trying to fly through them...they didn't turn out cute! Who knew you had to be precise when sewing!! They were sloppy, uneven, and probably fell apart after one wash! I had no chance to redeem myself because my machine became possessed by the bad sewing demon. Something was up with my machine and it wouldn't work. It probably went on strike because it was offended at the quality of workmanship that was coming out of it and it knew it could do better!! So in the box it sat for years and years and two moves. Through out the years I wished every so often that it was fixed so that I could sew something, usually every Halloween. In the past year I had really been saying more often that I wanted it fixed. Why not just drive the 3.6 miles down the road and take it to the fix it shop, well you know me...that would be too easy and make too much sense, and we all know I never make sense! Steve my wonderful husband took it in to be fixed for my birthday present! I got it back a while later. I was so excited because I knew it wasn't possible for my machine to be on strike anymore, the fix it man had preformed an exorcism and had been pronounced "HEALED AND CLEAN" (must be said like a fire and brimstone holy-roller southern preacher!!) I would do my machine justice this time. So I thought about what I would sew...dresses for the girls...a little somethin somethin for me. Then I saw it (AAAAHHHHH angels singing) I knew what I would make for my precious little children. I would be the mother of all mothers! Are you ready to see it?????
That's right my friends, my kids wanted a Snuggie! And who wants to buy one of those when I could make one! But how would I get a pattern to make one??? Would they have one at Joann's?? Then again the angels sang and my friend Jenny got a bunch of free patterns from Freecycle. One of them was for a "Couch Cozy, the comforter that walks with you" YES, YES, YES!!!! This would be my first project. My kids were so excited! I thought to myself, "how much could it cost to make one of these, surely not too much." Boy was I wrong!!! Fabric is freakin expensive, even on sale!!! I went to Joann's and was excited because they had fleece on sale! Now, let me replay the commercial for you a little bit. "You can buy a Snuggie for $19.95, and for the next 6 minutes you can get buy 1 get 1 free!" That's $10 a Snuggie! Guess how much my Snuggies came out to be???? About $36 a piece!!!! Between buying the fabric, zipper, and thread they end up being that much!!!! So I told the kids "Holy Cow! The ones on t.v are cheaper and probably better made!" and Jaelyn, bless her little sweet heart said, "But these will be made with love in every stitch!" And so they were! I finished the last one last night. They are huge because, by golly, if they are $36 a piece those kids are going to use them FOREVER!!! And, I must have done my machine justice because the bad sewing demon has not shown his machine wrecking face!! What to sew next...hmmm!! Maybe these!
Steve and I could hold hands AND stay warm!!!! What a way for our marriage to continue to grow!!!

10 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Thanks for the laugh Tiffany!! Love the gloves!! It's like Valentines Day everytime you look at them!

Unknown said...

Even though I had heard you tell this story in person, I still enjoyed reading it.
Oh, and I bet your Browne Towne snuggies are way better than the ones on t.v.

Sarah said...

Just threw up in my mouth over the last sentence. FYI

Anonymous said...

You are a freakin' domestic goddess! Now if you can just crochet some slippers you will be set. My kids coveted the snuggies when they saw the infomercials, too. Not that they would walk in them. They would just yell for mom to bring them some popcorn and some more to drink. Great job, Tiff! (I made smittens for my folks for Christmas this year. They turned out cute and they love 'em!)

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://hybatyriwo.freewebsitehosting.com/cacado.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://apibasugan.servetown.com/milylaqa.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody!

For sure you didn’t here about me yet,
my parents call me Nikolas.
Generally I’m a venturesome gambler. for a long time I’m keen on online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to find out my particular opinion on famous gambling projects.
Please visit my blog. http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be glad would you find time to leave your opinion.