Sunday, January 4, 2009

We have a problem!

Gerrit has a new talent, and it drives me INSANE!!! Let me show you a picture of what he can do. First let me tell you, this is NOT an actual picture of him, I got it off the Internet, but it's what he does.
Yep, he climbs out of his bed like a pro, and then this is what he does once he has climbed out. Again, this is not his actual room, just a representation of what he does.
He TRASHES his room, today he went as far as pulling all of the drawers out of his dresser, not just the clothes inside, but the whole drawer. He gets out all the diapers, shoes, and digs out all of the dirty clothes in his hamper! Now, I could be a good mom and just get him a cute little tent to keep him in, you know, let him think he's really cool, and camping.

But, we all know I'm NOT a good mom and so I have two other solutions that I think will work!


Duct tape is good right? Or as the guys in the army call it, "hundred mile an hour tape" don't ask me why, that's just what Steve calls it. Or I think this next solution would work well too!


Yes, that is a guy trapped in bed with Saran Wrap! Look how long his mom has had to do that night after night to keep him in his bed! I hope I won't have to do that to Gerrit for that long!!

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

He's so cute though...must be hard to get that mad at him :)
I vote for the tent and to put some child proof locks on the drawers.I'm sure you'll make a good choice!

Unknown said...

Oh man...what fun ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh thats too funny! Its time to transition to a bed. I did that very early this time, because my older two used to give me heart attacks when they climbed out of the crib. I was so worried they would fall and break their necks. So I took Ethan out of the crib before he started that. That was about a year ago now and now he is in a twin bunk bed with Alex. Good luck getting thru this stage!! What fun!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes and just wait till he starts taking off his diapers! Now THATS what I call GOOD TIMES! LOL

LeeAnn said...

Duct tape. Definately Duct tape! I keep telling Megan to take some to Primary but she doesn't want to get into trouble with any of the moms!

Dough said...

Tell him you'll get him a "big boy" bed if he promises to stay in it. Then, if the fails to stay put, NAIL him to the bed. Just make sure you don't get him a waterbed!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

you are so hilarious! Miss ya! KT